Our aim with our Syrah is to give true and complete expression to the Shale & Schist and Granite terroirs in which the vines grow. Approximately half the grapes are whole-bunch fermented and all fermentation is with indigenous yeasts. The wine is aged for 11 months in French oak, 15% new. The wine is bottled unfiltered and unfined.
This perfumed Syrah has notes of spicy citrus rind, refined black fruit, violets and lilies. The palate is elegant and restrained with a silky texture balanced by a fresh, natural acidity. The finish is long with supple tannins. Best served at 16 to 18 °C, this wine will greatly benefit from decanting if drunk within the first 3 to 5 years after bottling
- 2008 – 4.5 Stars Platter, 90 Wine Spectator
- 2009 – 5 Stars Platter, 92 Wine Advocate
- 2010 – 5 Stars and Platter’s Red Wine of the Year, 92+ Steve Tanzer
- 2011 – 5 Stars Platter, 92 Wine Advocate
- 2012 – 4.5 Stars Platter, 90 Wine Advocate
- 2013 – 4.5 Stars Platter, 94 Wine Advocate, 91 Wine Spectator