null
 Loading... Please wait...

San Leonardo Terre di San Leonardo 2009

$33.00
Quantity:

Out of Stock

Product Notes

VINE TYPE: The result a of meticoulous assemblage of the Tenuta’s grapes.

AGE OF VINES: From 5 to 25 years. YIELD FOR HECTARE: 70/80 quintals/hectare  (7-8 tonnes/ha)

HARVEST PERIOD: The grapes are picked when perfectly ripe during the months of September and October.

WINEMAKING PROCEDURE: Grapes are destemmed and soft-crushed, with minimal use of sulphur dioxide. The juice ferments and macerates on the skins for a long period of time, during which the cap is punched down daily. The must is cold-clarified by allowing the lees to settle.

MATURATION: 80% aged for 18 months in big Slavonian oak barrels and the remaining 20% in French barriques for at least 6 month.

BOTTLE AGEING: For at least six months before release onto the market.

ALCOHOL: 13% vol.

SENSORY ANALYSIS: Brilliant ruby red, with attractive depth and decent length. The aromas are alcohol and fruit-rich when the wine is young, later mellowing with bottle age into ripe plum fruit layered over a faintly grassy background note. Dry, soft and well-balanced on the palate, it reveals a pleasing bitterish twist in the finish. Good aromatic length.

FOOD MATCHES: A classic food wine with rice and pasta in tomato or meat sauces, and filled pasta, as well as grilled meats, poultry, white meats and soft cheeses.

SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16 °C. CELLAR LIFESPAN:  5-10 years.

Product Reviews

Write Review

This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!

Find Similar Products by Category

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required